Skip to main content

Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare (Love Me, Love Me Not) Live Action Review [2020]

Hello everyone! So, it's been a while since I wrote a review in this blog😅 a lot of things happen, as we know. But, yeah, today I'm going to review a Japanese live action review which got a lot of hypes in my country, in my opinion. This is because when the trailer was out, I saw so many reactions and comments from people. The live action movie is Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare (2020).

 (I will insert the official website of the movie here and info from AsianWiki here.)


This movie is based on manga by Io Sakisaka. Sakisaka-sensei is one of my favourite mangaka, so I was beyond excited when I read the news that this manga will be turned into live action movie! I love the manga a lot. Moreover, when I knew the casts, I was so happy that Minami Hamabe will play the role of Akari Yamamoto. Well, I've hoped (and imagined) that she will be Akari and she is. There are four main casts. They are Akari Yamamoto, Yuna Ichihara, Rio Yamamoto and Kazuomi Inui. 

 


The story follows Yuna (Riko Fukumoto), a shy but kind-hearted girl, befriends with Akari Yamamoto (Minami Hamabe) because they live in the same apartment building. Yuna, who loves shoujo manga, saw a boy who looks like a prince from her childhood book. Turns out, that boy is Rio Yamamoto (Takumi Kitamura), Akari's brother. Yuna also has a childhood friend who also lives in the same apartment building, Kazuomi Inui (Eiji Akaso). The friendship and love life between these four characters start.

***

Starting with the plot, this movie follows the same story line as the manga. Almost all of the important parts are included in this movie. The conflict is between the characters; the choices they made will affect the happiness of other characters and I love that kind of conflict. But the typical of this kind of conflict will make a slow-paced movie. I don't mind that, in fact, I love it because the conflict that is faced by each character feels real and it's not easy to make our own choice, especially if it is related to people we love. 


 

"Minna ga shiawase ni naru hoho ga areba ii. (It would be nice if there was a way that would make everyone happy)." -Akari Yamamoto 

But, there is one thing that I don't really notice in this movie and it is the friendship between the characters. We can still see their friendships, but it's just subtle. There aren't enough moment that show the strength of their friendships. With those conflicts, the friendships between the characters must grow and getting stronger, but I don't really see that from this movie. For example, I don't really see Yuna supports Akari and Kazuomi (Yuna supports their relationship, but we can't really see it from the movie). I still get it because the duration of the movie and not all of the scenes can be included. The interaction between characters is still enjoyable to see, tho.




For the characters, applause for the actors and actresses because they play their roles so well. If you've watched a lot of Japanese movies, you may recognize Minami Hamabe and Takumi Kitamura. These two even starred in popular Japanese movie, I Want To Eat Your Pancreas. Their chemistry was so good in I Want To Eat Your Pancreas and in this movie as well. In my opinion, the character of Akari Yamamoto stands out for me. She is always already thinking a step ahead to avoid unwanted situation. She always thinks of other people's happiness first. This doesn't mean that other characters don't, but Akari thinks of other people's happiness even since she was in middle school. Minami Hamabe can play this role really well, and the emotions of her character can be conveyed through this movie. Takumi Kitamura nails the role of Rio. I love the development of his character and it is very good. For character of Yuna, I really love Riko Fukumoto because she portrays Yuna very well. Her facial expression as Yuna is really good and I'm sure Riko will shine in many more Japanese movies in the future. Eiji Akaso as Kazuomi Inui is also great. I love his smile and I think he suits Kazuomi who is kind, caring, and loves movies, really well. I haven't seen much movies of Riko Fukumoto and Eiji Akaso, but I'm sure they will star in many movies because they are great. I'm glad that they cast these actors and actresses. 

(Minami Hamabe as Akari Yamamoto)

(Riko Fukumoto as Yuna Ichihara)

(Takumi Kitamura as Rio Yamamoto)

(Eiji Akaso as Kazuomi Inui)

This movie also includes some other characters like Akari's mother, Akari's ex-boyfriend, Kazuomi's brother and Rio's friend, Agatsuma. Sadly, they don't make many appearances in this movie. Actually, Akari's ex plays significant role in Akari and Kazuomi's relationship in the manga, but that's okay. Oh, I almost forget. I just wish this movie includes some cute scenes between the characters (like Yuna and Rio first date, and Kazuomi and Akari's cute scene at the firework festival), but don't mind me, it's just my wishes hehe. 


Overall, this movie is worth watching. The plot follows the manga, the actors and the actresses portray their roles really well, the characters are well developed, the story and the romance is easy and enjoyable to follow, plus the soundtrack is really really good. The soundtrack is 115万キロのフィルム (115 Million Kilometer Film) by Official Hige Dandism. I highly recommend you to watch this movie, especially if you're a fan of the actors and the actresses. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars. 

I also want to share some photos from the official movie twitter :) 
















(Look at them, they look so beautiful!)








(This part is my favourite from Yuna and Rio's moments)




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Secret Diary (2023) Review: A Feel-Good and Sweet Romance Movie

Hello, everyone! Nice to see you again!😊 as you've seen in the title, today I want to share a concise review of Our Secret Diary. (Official Poster) (Another poster) Title: Our Secret Diary/Exchange Lies Diary Native Title: 交換ウソ日記 Writer: Sakura Iiyo (novel), Nami Yoshikawa Director: Kentaro Takemura Genres: Romance, Youth Producer: Satoko Ishida, Tetsuta Tone Cinematographer: Yoko Itakura  Release Date: July 7th, 2023 Duration: 1hr. 50 minutes  Casts: Hiyori Sakurada, Fumiya Takahashi, Mizuki Kayashima, Ryosuke Sota, Nagisa Saito, Mizuki Itagaki, etc. Nozomi Kuroda (Hiyori Sakurada) finds a love confession letter in her desk. The letter is from Jun Setoyama (Fumiya Takahashi), a popular guy from her school. The two begin exchange a secret diary, but Setoyama thinks that he exchanges diary with Nozomi's bestfriend, Erino Matsumoto (Mizuki Kayashima). Nozomi knows that what she's done is wrong, but she can't back down, not when she slowly begins to like him. How does Noz

And, the Baton Was Passed Review (Soshite, Baton wa Watasareta) [2021]

Hello, everyone! It's been a long time since I wrote the last movie review. Today I want to share a quick review of Japanese movie. It's And, the Baton Was Passed. This movie is based on novel "Soshite, Baton wa Watasareta" by Maiko Seo. I will insert the official Twitter of the movie here , and the AsianWiki link here . Narrated by Morimiya-san (Kei Tanaka), the story follows 3 females. They are Miitan (Kurumi Inagaki), Yuko Morimiya (Mei Nagano) and Rika (Satomi Ishihara). We watch their stories as the movie goes. Miitan who cries a lot but care towards her friends and people around them, Yuko who always smiles no matter how hard the situation around her, and Rika who seems marrying men for her own happiness.  Miitan (played by Kurumi Inagaki) Yuko (played by Mei Nagano)  Rika (played by Satomi Ishihara) Morimiya-san (played by Kei Tanaka) As the story flows, we see these three females' lives and their interaction with other characters. Miitan's mother passe

Japanese Movie Review: Even if This Love Disappears from the World Tonight (Konya, Sekai kara kono Koi ga Kietemo) [2022]

If you love torturing yourself by watching sad movies like I do, then you need to watch Even if This Love Disappears from the World Tonight (今夜、世界からこの恋が消えても -native title). (The Movie Poster) I will insert the official Twitter here , and more information on AsianWiki here . Maori Hino (Riko Fukumoto) has retrograde amnesia. She basically will forget everything if she falls asleep. When she wakes up, she reads many signs in her room that tell her to read her diary. Her diary is the only thing that can explain her activities before she was asleep. One day, Toru Kamiya (Shunsuke Michieda), a guy from her school, asks her to be his girlfriend. And Maori said yes. Then the story begins. (Shunsuke Michieda as Toru Kamiya) (Riko Fukumoto as Maori Hino) Reading from the synopsis on AsianWiki and other sources, we already know where the story will go. I mean, isn't it already sad that Maori have to face that situation? There is a fake dating trope in this movie. Yes, at first Maori and Toru